outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, April 28, 2006

what if we're not real?

My essay question On Camus' L'etranger wants me to consider "Meursault, est-il un personnage vraisemblable?" The novel is written from Meursault's perspective so he is real to him and the court trial is meant to introduce some some objectivity about Meursault but of course Meursault can edit the trial to siut himself. Thus it was that I was wondering about Mel and Coshi how vraisemblable or plausible or like;ly they are. I wonder if they ever consider they are selling their character and personality to the network to do as they wish and if this makes them any different to a sexual prostitiute? I tried to enter politics by means of the Liberal party once or twice but I felt too uncomfortable mixing with the bid end of town it just wasn't me so I got out. What if I'd stayed in there and took the seat that became available which Senator I forget his name, nice bloke, took in my stead? When I say it doesn't matter I can't be serious because the issues still bother me - the lies, the hypocricy. Tell someone who cares I feel like telling the next sopa box orator. This is my private soap box so I'm telling me about what bothers me but which should not bother me. I think I must get frustrated that the issues which should bother do not bother. Living through a generational change in which the issues of my generation are being rehashed by new faces in Matt's generation something about plus la change la plus la meme chose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home