outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Thursday, March 16, 2006

ways I can help

I've suggested ways I can help but the acting HOD and I have to wait until the HOD returns from 2 months leave. I've put together a 20 page booklet of how my experience needs to be used to develop a different model for implementing externalising of courses. The problem about registration last week and the way students from the provinces are accommodated when the residential is full (described by letter from ex student Netherlands in post Courier asde) are just other instances of how my ideas and skills for developing programme budgeting, management and budget plans, coordinating a directionless mission can be used. So I was saying previously about depression and feeling sorry for myself when Joseph the night security guard calls out at the door - he'd brought back the plate on which I'd earlier taken him some tea. As he pushed foward the plate he said thank you and smiled and said "Wara(water)". Another human in need took my mind off my problems and made me realise the little things we can do for each other - instead of bombing the shitter out of people which is the Yanks answer to everything. I'm lucky to have Peter and Joseph as guards because one of them is always around - and Peter brought me another kulau this morning. They keep me sane I think when i am in a miss the family mood and when I worry I am achieving too little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home