outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

power blackout just after hours

yesterday was reason enough to shut up shop and go home. I hadn't eaten lunch so I made two sandwiches of cheese, avocado and tomato and then settled back to do an electronic sudoku. I've got some French that I ought to be studying but I felt lazy. For dinner I cooked up some rump steak in the thick based fry pan with an egg. That was starters. Later I boiled up some kaukau, potatoes, carrot, beans and pumpkin and ate that with margerine. I don't think that is a good diet but it tasted nice anyway. For breakfast this morning I had baked beans on toast. I took some out to Peter and Joseph with a cup of tea and I gave them some milo type powder which is too sweet for me. Keela is now coming Monday and Thursday which is a better arrangement - I can have a party on the Sat night and only have to live with the mess for one day. I must try to have my first party for the year this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home