outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, February 05, 2007

my first hold up experience

we were driving in to do the banking on Friday about 3pm and I could see this white car pulled up outside Pikus Club with four guys holding what looked like sticks and I thought the car had broken down. I thought my passenger told me it was her friend so I went to slow down but she said hold up hold up go speed go speed. I accelerated as much as I could but the truck was slow to pick up. I kept looking in the mirror but it seemed like their hand guns weren't pointed our way and my other passenger in the back seat said they didn't have bullets otherwise they would have fired. I remember thinking I would have been more alarmed if they had been holding rifles as the aim could have been more accurate and that's what I was looking for to see if the weapons were being brought up for sighting aim. I hope that's as close as I have to come to being held up. As for the poor people in the white car? Not my problem. Well it is I know but what should I have done?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home