outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, February 05, 2007

I had not been on a PMV for 2 months

so I set out yesterday morning for lotu about 8am. Thoughts of crowding at the PMV stop and waiting for 30 minutes or so and pushing people aside don't make for pleasant PMV travelling but I got the first PMV that came along. Same thing on the way home - with thoughts of pick pockets waiting for me at Eriku. I got off the town bus and saw two Kamkumung PMVs and then sort of a crush of people at a PMV that had just pulled up and I knew that it was the Unigate bus. Anyway I caught it no problem. Walking home from the PMV stop carrying my groceries in the heat was the worst part of the trip so I had a shower and then settled down to do nothing for the rest of the day until I went around for dinner in the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home