outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I've got another sore on my leg

It started off like a scratch like the previous ones and over a few days it got redder and more irritating. I put on some yellow ointment and took some spare erithrocin tablets that I had left over from the previous time - I'd kept them in the fridge - and bathed it with hot salty water. On the first night I put straight tea tree oil on it but I think that made it worse. My leg feels very tight so there must be some serious disorder going on in there.
The clinic sisters are very good. When I went over there yesterday I was standing at the counter for 10secs max and the secretary brought out my file. I had my uni ID card but the secretary had seen me coming. That's a bit of a worry: that one is so well known to the clinic that they do not even have to check one's ID and they can pin point one's file like that. Let me see - 2 sore legs at the beginning of the year and 2 bouts of malaria in September. Now a 3rd sore leg. I suppose that makes me a little bit sick - doesn't it?
Anyway I asked Peter yesterday whether there was any aloe vera in the garden. Robert had got some from the City Mission and he put me on to it as a cure all. Well this morning Peter turns up with an aloe vera plant - not just a leaf but a whole actual plant roots and all. How lucky am I!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home