outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, November 27, 2006

I don't know what is the saddest.

Waiting for the bus at 8am was this drunk guy - at 8am with a bottle of beer. Then down at Speedway was this lame guy with a hunch back and a crippled leg who had no crutches and he was getting around on his hands and the foot of his good leg while he crippled leg just dangled behind. Then there was me and I didn't/couldn't/ wouldn't do anything to help him. I had lots of excuses though. I was busy. I was going to church. I had no medical knowledge. He was not my countryman. Any help would have been passing gulit help. His wontoks should help him. Lots of excuses. Tick one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home