outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Yesterday I got a package from UNE Armidale.

The front was covered in customs declaration stickers, one of which said "Regular International Customer". I'm not sure if UNE is the customer referred to on account of having bought the stamps, or myself on account of being the international part. Either way, I thought it made me sound important. I was impressed. Wow, I'm a REGULAR international customer. How about that! I wonder if that entitles me to a corporate box at the Rugby or Cricket where I can be wined and dined as a REGULAR? We don't want to lose Outback to Jungle as a client. They are a regular international customer. International mind you - loaded with money. Invite them to join us in our box for the New Year Test.
Perhaps I should put this on my CV:
2006. Regular International Customer;
2005: Regular ordinary mundane 9-5 job;
2004. Regular unemployed at the Dole Office.
It looks as if I am aspirational and upwardly mobile.

1 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Regular International Customer" refers to the company sending it. It just means they don't have to fill out as many forms, as they are already security cleared.

Exciting, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home