outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

should Ian Thorpe retire?

Deary goodness gracious dear.
This was the poll question on Ch9 this morning. Why don't these people give up? As if Thorpy is going to look at the poll and say Hmm, 38% think I should retire. My own state of well being says I have to retire. But 62% say I should swim on. Oh well, perhaps they know best.
Not that Thorpe is likely to be pursuaded by polls but it is this sort of intrusion into his life that puts pressure on him exactly when he doesn't need it.
Do you think the drought will break before Christmas?
Hey look at this darling, 57% think the drought will break before Christmas. Perhaps we should put in a summer crop. What d'ya reckon?
Well you could be right. I mean, 57% of people couldn't be wrong could they?
Just how ridiculous are these polls and why do they bother? I could ask it of myself. Why do I get so worked about this inanity?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home