outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, September 25, 2006

you haven't tried if you haven't failed

was a saying told me by a good farmer mate once. Thanks Don. When the going gets tough as it does if one lives life to the full, I pray this prayer.
"I need your help.
Lord, I lost sight of me and of my way,
I am blind and don't know where to turn,
Nor do I see my sister and her plight.
Please give me light that I can see again
A goal, a purpose and a meaning in my life,
And in my daily work and world.
My friends have tried, have tried in vain to help me,
See and find that light.
Yet they themselves were partly blind.
I need your help. You have the only light
That's strong enough to penetrate the darkness of my life.
Please give me sight. Touch my eyes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home