outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Thursday, August 31, 2006

that one seemed to go through

so I'll try with another one. I have to go in manually to moderate comments - I'm not a censor but a clown a month ago clogged my e-mail and spammed my inbox so I check to let legitimate criticism and comment through - one comment told me I was stupid enough without needing Stupidity Powder - oe words to that effect and I published that so that's OK.
And that made me start to think about the boogie man again.
"Seek ye first the boogie man", raved the gutless old PM, urging his troops to fight where he and his children wouldn't.
"Seek ye first the boogie man. Four more years. We are all individuals," chanted back the aussies in response.
"Heh, heh, it's only three," chuckled the PM. "Look for the boogie man with your torches but do not stand in the light yourselves. Stay in the dark and keep ignorant. Always be ignorant. Surround yourselves with Tabloids and harken unto Alan Jones and the shock jocks and Fox News. Keep the Faith!"
"Stay in the dark and be forever ignorant" chanted back the aussies.
"The boogie man is coming to get you. Be afraid. Be very afraid. He's worse than Whitlam!" raved the lying old cheat.
"Ooohh, worse than Whitlam! Screech shriek. We must panic. Everybody panic. The boogie man is worse than Whitlam," screamed the terrified aussies.
"Good one John, the election is in the bag," beamed the salivating minder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home