outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, August 25, 2006

forget the war on terrorism

The West needs to worry more about fighting a war on stupidity. My TV is back and so I watched an early morning breakfast programme on EMTV - a relay of the CH 9 Australia programme. There was nothing about the war in the Middle East or Australian soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan or David Hicks still behind bars. There was an interview with Defence Minister Nelson about his concern about our defence capability. Then there must have been an interview about a ten year old murder case in USA because when I came out of the kitchen they were asking a poll question - "Do you think x Carr killed John Bannay?" It's got nothing to do with Australia or Australians. Maybe the aussies know more about it. I assume Ch 9 Australia imagines a Lawyer in the USA arguing, "Your Honour, 75% of aussies think he done it". That I actually watched the trash makes me wonder whether I am becoming stupid like them as well. What if Osama has contaminated the water with Stupidity Powder or something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home