outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Loloatu off P Moresby

Ausaid is coordinating a gathering of volunteer agencies off P Moresby for the next three days of this week so I will be going down on the early flight tomorrow and will return on Saturday. I have been in PNG 9 months this past weekend and next Monday I will have done nine months in my job. Another three months and my term will be half completed. I have been looking forward to the Loloatu meeting for a break and to discuss assignment issues with our Leader of Mission.
Today I start work in the Language and Communication Faculty. I have 8 classes of what is essentially teaching higher order grammar and language skills to students for whom English is their second language.
Last night I enjoyed dining at mate Rob and Eli's place. Live conversation with real people is more rewarding than cyber communication by means of radio or TV. As it happens I think the TV has broken down again anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home