outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Saturday, July 22, 2006

a wet day in Lae

We went out to the Yacht Club last night. Nathan was back from Aus and he brought his cousins around. I had the pork and sukiaki sauce with chips. Alex told me he got four durrians from Larry, wrapped them in paper and four plastic bags, buble wrapped them and then shrinked wrapped the freight carton and by the time he'd got them to the cargo office he could smell them in his car. I am intrigued by this fruit. I must smell it and then I wonder whether I would taste?
I bought some bacon at the deli yesterday at Eriku and I cooked up with eggs and baked beans and coffee this morning. The bacon was about K28 a kilo but I only got about K8 worth. It tasted delicious and as bacon should taste. It was worth it.
The TV is going now. I look forward to the All Blacks and Springboks tonight.