outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

it was bound to happen sooner

rather than later. I sent the following off to AVI this morning. "This assignment is just not working out. I am more than disappointed that things have come to this because of all the preparations I had had to make to get here. I would have expected the planning would have ensured the assignment was worth my while in selling my house and giving up my job back in Australia so to say I am not happy is at the very least an understatement. I have done nothing productive for a month. John is trying to get teachers for me to work with. The way the assignment read I thought all these things were ready to go. t has been explained to me that this is not the case owing to policty lagging behind our readiness to start. I don't know yet whether there will be any work for me to do in the Language dept which might see me through until November. In the meantime, I need AVI to make arrangements to terminate the contract without prejudice to myself with regards this assignment or with any future application I might make. Regards"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home