outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, July 07, 2006

I got an email from Jeremy

this morning in which he recounted his Bulgarian and Sophia adventures with mate Luke whom he joined up with for this part of his visit. Luke he said was riding a bike from Thailand to London.
I am not finding PNG that type of adventursome place. I know - well I don't really, but I am probably sure - that PNG can be adventursome and certainly Jeremy found its to be so. But tropicalism and junglism do not have the romantic exploratory flair as I imagine for Bulgaria. The idea of being close to Transylvania and fog enshrouded mountains and cold wetness and bogs and fireplaces and Brigadoon chance meetings of strangers. That appeals to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home