outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, June 09, 2006

I might not have intended to rob

the bank when I turned up with my 60cm long bush knife but if there had been a bad guy in the bank, he could have overpowered me and there would have been all sorts of chaos. Thus the security guards have to ensure no-one has weapons that could be lethal in the wrong hands which is why they "looked after it" for me while i did my banking. Mum complained once on a plane that her crotcheting scissors were confiscated - a little old lady with knitting needles or scissors might not be a threat in herself - and thus the lesson. I see Rb's blog www.schilt.com today recorded the same earthtremor here at Unitech as I felt in at Eriku at about 10.50 WPT. The jars on the shelves were wobbling excitedly. I had gone in with another mate whose car had broken down (Rg is my neighbour and regular lift if I go in to the yoti) and we caught two of the most reliable and best conditioned PMVs that I had ever been on. In fact the return PMV had a concertina door which buscrew even closed!!!! Beat that anyone!? I told Rg that these PMVs are trying to impress him so he will forsake his car and become a regular PMVer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home