outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, March 06, 2006

the orchid

Returning from talking to pren bilong mi I smelt this clear crisp flower with a spicy-cinnamon? flavour about 15cms across,6 crimson petals and a venus fly trap type of seed pod - yellow tips on crimson fronds at the end of a folded juicy lily covering the pollen. I'm not much of a biologist so i don't know the technical names for these parts of a plower (p in lieu f in Tok Pisin). This takes away the pain? worry? I have of things that I can do nothing about. Things of beauty in the natural world are like that. As is the thing of beauty in earnest longing and hopeful students wanting to be given a chance through self education.
I continue to work on my inservice course on Transforming Lecture Material into Text for Independent Learning and I was able to get a lot of helpful information from UPNG in Pt Moresby which confirmed and consolidated my own ideas about Instructional Design up here. John and I will work together on the report of our visits to Divine Word and UPNG to present to the VC and Pro VC so that the Univ will show leadership in getting distance learning accepted as standard here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home