outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, July 10, 2006

Private and Confidential

Top Secret. Your Majesty's Eyes Only.
Your Majesty,
It is with deep affection and inestimable regard for propriety that I write. I draw Your Majesty's attention to the following.
Australia no longer has the British system of Styles, Titles and Insignia.
I have been a staunch Monarchist and I have striven valiantly to keep Republicanism out of Australia.
I will get the AC when I retire.
Under the Australian system, Jeanette and I will remain title-less.
Your Majesty will recall the great honour you bestowed on Australia 40 years ago when you appointed Sir Robert Menzies Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports. Perhaps Your Majesty may consider Australia would be honoured were it to be so honoured once again. It would help my retirement plans were Your Majesty to give this matter due consideration. There is nothing in the Constitution that would prevent you personally conferring a Knighthood on me for services to Your Government in Australia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home