outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Monday, July 31, 2006

I can't find two important documents

Normally I am very careful concerning financial papers but I don't know what has become of them. One was a credit card bill and the other was I think the financial year record of my real estate agent. Or did I just dream or imagine that I should write and ask him for a copy? I know I got the credit card one I think. Are you positive about that? Yes, I'm sure I think. Well that sounds a bit uncertain don't you think - how can you be sure if you need to qualify it with "I think"?
More on Loloata. I end up at these conferences full of spirits that this time there is going to be a meeting of like minds where we are going to do wonderful things together and make plans for the salvation of the world. Ho hum. The usual mob of the majority was there to impress the minority about their importance. Listening fodder, that's what the minority is invited for. Which makes me wonder why there is still no world peace, why there are environmental and conservation urgencies, why there is still poverty and disease. At one point in a "discussion" group (the majority discusses, the minority listens) I pointedly got up and walked off. Grumpy old man syndrome perhaps. But if the majority which makes the most noise still hasn't changed the world, isn't it time the minority was listened to?

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Naaaaath said...

which session was that??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home