outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, November 17, 2006

Lucky was there again this morning 2

In the same place that I had seen it before but looking so bad. Just folds of empty skin around its bottom, the hugest of hollows between its ribs and pelvis. I feel so guilty. What can I do? I know what I should do, but then there is the problem when I leave.

I lent another K20 yesterday. I'm on nationals' rates but at the higher end of the salary scale compared with other workers. I've got my own wontoks back in Australia that I could be helping. If wontoks are such a big deal here, why am I an ex-pat being asked to chip in? What are wontoks for? What about Lucky?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home