outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

right on - from http://schilt.info/

"Sydney looks great - in fact, Sydney is a beautiful city... to look at. Go deeper down and this beauty all but disappears. Between the violence, mental health issues, the senseless running around in a hurry, the stress and the isolation of human beings - I think I'm over it. I was over it a long time ago - it just took me a little longer than expected to cut my losses so to speak. Life in the so called west leaves much to be desired. The sad thing is that we are lead to believe that life in the west is normal - we grow up thinking that this is how it is meant to be. Our leaders - yes our leaders - guide nations and mankind towards what? Towards fuckin what? Yet we elect these so called servants to implement our mandate - we get what we deserve by the way. If there is something that typifies the western thought it has to be apathy and ignorance. Our leaders are happy for us to remain in this state - as long as we continue to ignore and not give a rats arse about what's "really" going on - mankind will continue to spiral towards a big pile of shit."
Thanks Robert. I don't feel as though I am the only one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home