outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

why be so critical - think positive,

today is the first day of the rest of your life, the glass is half full, it always rains after a drought, we are one day closer to rain, it is attitude that counts. Yep, I've got all that.
And the staff at Loloata were fantastic. They are rostered on to live and work on the island in shifts of a fortnight I think they told me. Nothing was a trouble and they always smiled. I took the canoe out one afternoon and they carried it down to the water for me. I helped the canoe steward bring it back up though as I had come in early. Too much like hard work this paddling a canoe into the wind. My younger AVI orientation mates Troy and Stewart had no problems - they looked like experts. They probably can't play solitaire as well as I can - perhaps?
And so If i am going to think positive, I wonder what was going on in the early morning news programme on EMTV from Australia. One guy was bagging the debt that people had got into and was saying how tough it was with interest rates about to rise on top of petrol prices and inflation. This is the type of commentary that is reserved for Labor governments. How can this type of commentary be going on in PM Howard's Australia? Are we no longer relaxed and comfortable? Come on, help me stick with this think positive regime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home