outback to jungle

Musings on experiences of volunteering in Papua New Guinea with some gratuitous domestic social and public comment

Friday, January 27, 2006

The Day After

I've just read Jeremy's blog in Nomad Tales I think he calls it - about his Australia Day or UnAustralia Day. I think I share quite a few of his sentiments and being away from home up here in PNG (Papua New Guinea), with home's being western NSW sort of (Australia - about 800 km north west of Sydney, I thought today would be as good as any for beginning my blog. Robert Schilt, another AVI (Australian Volunteer International) showed me how to get into it. I'm not sure where I am up to in the blog process - I think I get room for a personal profile elsewhere so will complete that for you.
As for today, I continue to work in a thinking area of the Department of Open and Distance learning at the PNG Univ of Technology and completed the writing and revision of a couple short papers on ways to provide for better external courses for the people of PNG.
I would like to be able to share with you some of my experiences particularly of the bus rides and pot holes and my security guard's delightful little daughters but let me come back to them tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home